Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Salisbury Steak and Zucchini

Ok, so zucchini is not technically on Dr. Simeon's protocol but several clinics and other sources say that many people have added it as an option with no negative affects. There are only 20 calories in a zucchini and I really prefer them to cucumbers.
For this meal I weighed out 3.5 oz of lean (93/7) ground beef. I added some 0 calorie seasoning salt and a dash of dried onions. I then divided the meat up into two portions and rolled them into little balls, then flattened. I threw them in the frying pan with no oil or butter. I then chopped up the zucchini and threw it in the same pan. I added some seasoning salt to it. I left it on a little while after the beef and added just a bit of water to get to my preferred done-ness.

Calories= 220
Beef= 180 calories
Zuchini = 20 calories
Onion flakes = 20 calories
Seasoning salt = 0 calories.

2 comments:

  1. I used to cook my meat etc in vegetable broth, it gave the dish a tiny amount of flavor without the fat/calories. Also, you can always crumble up your carbs and mix it with the meat and put more seasoning in for some delicious meatballs... I still use that recipe when I make my meatballs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about adding my grissini but I'm starting to just cut them out of the diet all together.... A lot of people on the forums I go to for help/info have said they do that to up their losses.

      Delete

Please only questions or words of encouragement. I am fully aware of all the negative stories and have done plenty of my own research before deciding to take this step.